The Spruce Grove & District Chamber of Commerce is aligned with the City of Spruce Grove in working together to develop and strengthen the business community. The chamber President is actively involved with the EDAC (Economic Development Advisory Committee) and sits on the committee as a representative of the chamber.
Economic Development Advisory Committee
The Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) is a Standing Committee of council and acts in an advisory role by making recommendations and providing advice to City Council and Administration regarding the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy, “Partnerships for Prosperity”. Our dedicated EDAC members, as ambassadors of economic development, take a proactive approach to economic and business growth within Spruce Grove.
The Economic Development Advisory Committee has eight members appointed by City Council for one- or two-year terms. Meetings are held every six weeks or at the call of the Chair. Our members include:
- Two (2) members of Council of which one will chair the Committee;
- Two (2) members to be nominated by the Spruce Grove and District Chamber of Commerce;
- Chamber representative Mr. Chad Zender
- Chamber representative Ms. Charlene Bell
- Two (2) members to represent industrial and commercial stakeholders;
- Mr. Robert Smith
- Mr. Dave Majeski
- Two (2) members of the public-at-large.
- Mr. Ken Mark
- Ms. Cindy Barclay
- Members from City Administration (non-voting) to provide administrative / technical support
- Dave Walker, Manager Economic and Business Development
- Karla Gould, Industrial Development Coordinator